Canada Music Week celebrations take place in the third week of November, which includes November 22, the day honouring St. Cecilia, patron Saint of Music.
The 5 principle aims of these events are:
- to bring to the attention of the public, through various means, the importance of Canadian music
- to emphasize not only Canadian work, but also the significance of music generally
- to introduce contemporary music to Canadian students and stimulate a keener appreciation and understanding of this music
- to encourage music teachers to widen their knowledge and experience of Canadian works
- to support composers and performers of Canadian music
Check branch calendars for listings of events.